MOSAIC Yoga Training: A three Tier Program
MOSAIC is different from other yoga studios in our approach to training. We recognize and honor the desire for 200 and 300 hour YA credentialing, however, that approach may not be best for everyone. Our three level training program focuses on the unique needs of the practitioner, allowing you to achieve the results you want from your practice and from your training experience. From a short 13 hour, beginner’s training to a full-fledged 200hr Yoga Alliance certified program, we’re certain you’ll find exactly what you need to meet your level of interest here at MOSAIC.
Our approach to developing and employing top-notch instructors has earned MOSAIC the respectable reputation of being the San Diego studio with the strongest practitioners and the place that teachers come to train.
1. The Journey Begins
- Where yoga comes from and how it came to be what it is today
- How to customize your practice to fit your body
- How you’re supposed to breathe in a yoga class
- The major contraindications you should be aware of that are commonly taught and practiced but shouldn’t be
- How to avoid common injuries
- How to advance your practice to the next level
Time: 13 hours
Reading: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by, B. Ravikanth
2. Deepening Your Practice
Deepening Your Practice is MOSAIC’s second level training. This level is recommended for anyone who’s considered doing a traditional teacher training for developing a personal practice but is not interested in becoming a teacher. In this training you will learn all the components of Level 1 as well as:
- The meaning of life through the eyes of yoga philosophy
- How yoga philosophy helps you eliminate day-to-day pain
- The seven-minute breathing practice that skilled teachers use to eliminate anxiety and clear their mind
- How to effectively integrate energy anatomy and chakra philosophy into your current practice
- Introduction to the six major kinetic checkpoints and their anatomy
- In-depth alignment breakdown of 50 key yoga poses, including props and modifications
- How to overcome the mental blocks that are keeping you from sticking that challenging pose
- Some easy to master skills that will allow you do things on your mat you never thought you could do
Notes: This training in combination with “Becoming A Teacher” (described below), completes the 200-hour Yoga Alliance requirements.
Time: 16 sessions (Tuesdays 5-9 & Sundays 8-5)
Reading: Light On Life
Pre-requisite: The Journey Begins (suggested)
3. Becoming a Teacher
Becoming A Teacher is our third level of training and is for anyone excited to learn and practice a craft that allows you to live an adventurous life, teaching a skill that people will pay you for, and doesn’t require a desk, a specific city, or even a predictable time of day.
MOSAIC’s Yoga Teacher Training offers a real, holistic approach to understanding and teaching yoga. At MOSAIC, it’s not just about teaching asana or an intelligently constructed sequence. It’s more than that. It’s about how to show up authentically in a teaching space. It’s about how to understand your energy and the energy of others. It’s about learning to be a confident leader in your community. In this training you will learn:
- New insights into your whole being, physically, spiritually and emotionally
- How deep you can reach outside of your comfort zone in a supportive space
- To teach in a way that honors everyone through dynamic sequencing
- More advanced anatomy as it relates to the yoga practice
- How to get paid to make a positive difference in other’s lives
- Marketing and business tools to be successful as a yoga teacher
- The art of hands-on adjustments
Notes: This training in combination with “Deepening Your Practice”, completes the 200-hour Yoga Alliance requirements. Completion of or concurrent enrollment in “Deeping Your Practice” is required to sign up for “Becoming a Teacher.”
Time: 10 sessions (Tuesdays 5-9 & Sundays 8-5)
Reading: The Heart of Yoga, Functional Yoga Anatomy
Pre-requisite: Deepening your Practice
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
The average full-time yoga teacher earns $34,900 a year? At part time, you could earn $17,000. If I asked you to spend $2,575 to earn $17,000 would you do it? Of course. Our three-tier training approach costs $2,575 for all three, but you can pick and choose which you’d like. We have payment plans available to make it easy, allowing you to pay a little each month. Not only that but, if you don’t feel like you have deepened your understanding of yoga and yourself by the end of the training we will give you a FULL REFUND.
I have a very busy schedule can I make this work?
The short answer is Yes! We have had lawyers, doctors, mothers, fathers, students, grad-students, international students and more all attend this course with no problem. We understand that life can get busy, but wouldn’t you agree it’s important to make time for yourself? We have set up the schedule to only meet on Tuesday evening and Sunday during the day. If you happen to miss a class it’s ok, we have make-up work available and give you an opportunity to cover the topics missed online.
Will I be Yoga Alliance Certified?
Yes, upon completion of both, Deepening Your Practice and Becoming a Teacher, you will be able to use the designation of RYT once you create your Yoga Alliance profile.
What Practitioners Are Saying
Don’t take it from us, let our students do the talking!
200-hour RYT Pricing & Payment Plans
1. $2,200 Paid in full at time of enrollment SAVE $100
2. Two installments
- $500 deposit paid at time of enrollment*: Total Investment $2,300
- Balance of $1,800 paid on or before the first day of training
3. Four installments** ($150 additional fee): Total Investment $2,450
- $500 deposit paid at time of enrollment*
- $800 paid on the first day of training
- Remaining balance paid in two installments of $575, at one-month intervals from the first day of training
4. Six installments** ($200 additional fee): Total Investment $2,500
- $500 deposit paid at time of enrollment*
- $500 paid on the first day of training
- Remaining balance paid in four installments of $375, paid at one-month intervals from the first day of training
* $500 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable to any other trainings or services. If after putting your deposit down you cannot attend the training your deposit is forfeited. ** A credit card is required to be held on file to be used to make payments in accordance with the payment plan selected. Any card decline will incur an additional $10 fee per decline.
Section 1. Participation and Challenges
You understand the Program has been designed to create the optimal yoga education for the majority of students. You recognize that this Program has been designed to provide yoga education for students who are pursing registration with the Yoga Alliance as well as those who only wish to deepen their yoga practice.
During your participation in this Program, you are responsible for monitoring what is safe for you and you can stop your participation in any experience at any time. Although your attendance is required in each session to meet our Certification Requirements, you recognize your responsibility to speak up or take yourself out of an experience if you feel uncomfortable.
You understand that the nature of yoga is to promote physical and psychological growth through which profound transformation can occur. It is your responsibility to do your best to uphold and foster a sacred and safe environment to foster transformation for yourself and the other students in the Program. It is important for you to possess a high degree of emotional maturity and personal integrity in order to graduate from our Program and to ultimately serve your students.
You understand that during the course of the Program, you will be challenged physically and psychologically. You understand that practicing yoga is often about exploring new boundaries and limitations. You understand that the study of yoga involves exploring and discussing different religious and belief systems. These belief systems may be different from yours. You understand that the Program is not requiring you to change any of your beliefs.
Section 2. Restrictions on Use of Program Materials
You recognize and agree that the “Studio Program Materials” (as defined below) are confidential and proprietary information belonging to the Studio. You agree that you will keep the Studio Program Materials strictly confidential and shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party. The Studio Program Materials are for your own personal use. You may not share the Studio Program Materials with any other yoga studio, yoga teacher training program or wellness business.
You may not copy, publish, distribute, upload to the Internet or post on any social media platform all or any part of the Studio Program Materials. Your breach of any of these provisions may result in continuing and irreparable harm to the Program for which there may be no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, the Program may enforce these provisions by any equitable remedy. If the Program pursues such an action against you, you shall be responsible for all legal fees and expenses.
“Studio Program Materials” shall mean the Studio’s teacher training manual and all other documentation, texts, audio and video files, photographs, charts and other content provided to you in connection with the Program.
Section 3. Use of Student Images For Advertising
You agree that the Studio may use your picture in any advertisement or marketing campaign, including, but not limited to social media, journals, magazines, websites and any other promotional channels.
Meet the Team
Learn More About Ryan
Ryan has studied at the National Academy of Sports Medicine, the CHEK Institute for advanced performance, the Metabolic Typing Education Center and Symmetry’s school for alignment therapy. He recognizes health as the balance and synergy of the human body’s many systems, reflected in the way we eat, move, breath, think, rest and surrender.
Additionally Ryan is a 200-hour Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) through Yoga Alliance and a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Ryan is the team lead for MOSAIC’s Health and Yoga services and is the creator and director of MOSAIC’s yoga teacher training program. Ryan is a regular contributor to Yoga Digest Magazine and the author of Good Being, Good Living: A Modern Model for Sustained Holistic Health.
Learn More About Sophie
As a practitioner of yoga first, I am committed to learning in perpetuity. I am certain that the totality of yoga has something to offer you if you come open, willing and ready to fall madly in love with where you are. Strength and Flexibility are not required, just an open mind and an open heart.
My classes are a blend of mind/body integration and an emphasis on SOUL.
I look forward to meeting you and learning with YOU.
Learn More About Melissa
Prior to co-founding MOSAIC, I spent over a decade working in corporate HR.
In addition to holding a B.A. from James Madison University, I am a Certified Reiki Master Teacher, Yoga Teacher, MOSAIC Visionary, CEO and team lead for MOSAIC’s Soul Programs.
Learn More About Erin
Learn More About Ryan
I’ve spent 15 years asking myself, “What does it take to develop leaders?” This has led to more questions, more study, and no complete answers. By contemplating this question, I’ve discerned a few basic principles, virtues, and practices that have led to the creation of the Theory of Sagacious Leadershipand the Light of Leadership training series.
The writings of the Warriors, Sages, Saints, and Philosophers have served as teachers, guides, and anchors as I continue to seek Truth.
Currently, I specialize in creating leadership development programs for US Special Operations Units.
Prior to MOSAIC, I served as a Captain in the US Marine Corps, a strategic manager at the Center for Creative Leadership, and a management consultant at Deloitte Consulting and KPMG Consulting. Previous clients have been Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, T-Mobile, Yahoo, Amgen, Genentech, Deloitte, and the Department of Defense. I also earned a M.S. in Leadership and have completed over 2,500 hours of leadership training.
I pray each of us finds our way to the truth of who we are, why we are here, and what we are here to fulfill.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training
This training is ideal for anyone interested in teaching Yin Yoga as well certified teachers interested in adding Yin as a specialty. All students of this course will be trained in the following.
- Yin Yoga philosophy, anatomy and alignment (including 16 specific poses)
- How to create a healing environment
- Guidance on how to find your voice as a confident teacher
- How to effectively utilize props in a yin class environment
*This training counts as 18 hours of continuing education credits for Yoga Alliance certified teachers. Investment is $350.00. $125 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot. Balance due on or before the first day of training.
We are happy to answer any questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.